This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] Fix PR c++/12007
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:07:40 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Fix PR c++/12007
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > "John David Anglin" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> >>>I believe that this patch fixes g++.dg/abi/covariant.C and
> >>>g++.dg/inherit/covariant*.C failures which I was seeing on the
> >>>3.4 branch.
> >>>Could you please backport this patch to 3.4?
> >>I have no objection to doing this. However, the fix wasn't for a
> >>regression (ie., this never worked), so I didn't request an ok for
> > Right. I think it is a worthwhile fix for the 3.4 branch, and
> > relatively low risk.
> Is this a target-dependent change? If so, then I agree that it is safe
> to put it on the branch. If not, since it never worked, let's just
> XFAIL the new tests that show up the old bug.
The change was to use_thunk. It wasn't target dependent although it
fixed a target specific problem.
I don't see the above failures on the PA and don't know the details
of the above failures.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)