This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix bootstrap/14207 by reverting libstdc++ patch
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Cc: "Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)" <david dot billinghurst at comalco dot riotinto dot com dot au>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, pcarlini at suse dot de
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:52:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: Fix bootstrap/14207 by reverting libstdc++ patch
- References: <8ED2FA87C8ACC04192709688DDFD5F5F09B2CE@calttsv025.cal.riotinto.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 21:41, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> "Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)" <email@example.com> writes:
> > I have reverted the patch below on 3.4 branch to fix PR bootstrap/14207
> > on mips-sgi-irix6.5 -o32 with MIPS toolchain
> > Paolo agreed in a private email. Almost certainly the patch revealed
> > a MIPS assembler or loader bug.
> > Interestingly the same patch is in mainline with no problems.
> Then please let's analyze and fix the MIPS problem. It might hit us
> again in another situation. I don't think that reverting the patch is
> really the right action here...
I've reopened the bug and asked David to test using gnu binutils (which
I _can_ fix). If it ends up being an irix as/ld problem there's probably
little I can do. But let's see if we can at least identify the problem
Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org>