This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Clean up boehm-gc/configure.in a bit
- From: andreas tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:51:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [committed] Clean up boehm-gc/configure.in a bit
- References: <20040224214656.GA1583@twcny.rr.com>
Nathanael Nerode wrote:
* acinclude.m4: Move certain code to configure.in.
* configure.in: Receive code from acinclude.m4.
* aclocal.m4: Rebuild.
And this one breaks my solaris 9 multilib boehm-gc. The exact way as it does with my pending libffi update.
Please tell me what this way was, since I didn't see the problem with
your libffi change.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear :(
I was in hurry and forgot simpy to explain what breaks.
I couldn't figure out why. Unfortunately no time atm. And I did not commit/send the libffi patch yet since this issue is not solved.
You're absolutely sure it's *this* one, not one of the three commits I made
fairly soon after this one? I don't want to go barking up the wrong tree.
Please, if possible, verify which commit caused the problem.
If it really was this commit, it's a shell code ordering problem of the
most bizarre sort.
Yes, I'm pretty sure since this is the same failure I get on libffi.
The one Kaveh explained. It has to do with the multilib machinery.
Unfortunately I can't help much at the moment. I can offer to run tests
on my sol9 box, but only in the evening.
We're under high pressure at work and I fried my powerbook so everything
is slowed down.