This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed patches
- From: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: wilson at specifixinc dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 05:41:41 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed patches
- References: <email@example.com><40359EC1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Another issue, why does a USE inhibit peephole2 optimization anyways?
> There seems to be no reason for it to do so. You could try modifying
> the peephole2 optimizer to ignore USE insns.
I now think it's cleaner to skip USE there. I will post an updated
version of the patch shortly.