This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH:[darwin] fix load of a misaligned double word
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at desire dot geoffk dot org>
- To: HPENNER at de dot ibm dot com
- Cc: dje at makai dot watson dot ibm dot com dot geoffk dot org, fjahanian at apple dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com, amodra at bigpond dot net dot au
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:29:36 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH:[darwin] fix load of a misaligned double word
- References: <OF2E02A089.14571E8B-ONC1256E40.00490D95-C1256E40.004BBFE5@de.ibm.com>
> From: Hartmut Penner <HPENNER@de.ibm.com>
> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:47:23 +0100
> > I don't think this is sufficient to be sure that the change is
> > correct. How can you be sure that you're not causing problems in some
> > other (perhaps quite rare) situation?
> I don't know, if I ever will be really sure about a reload
> related change. This need intensive testing, especially on
> Darwin, were you have 32 bit pointer and 64 bit arithmetic.
I don't think testing this kind of patch will be sufficient. You must
try to be sure that it is correct in all cases, not just those covered
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>