This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] RFC/RFA fix exec-charset problems - take 2
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:19:17 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RFC/RFA fix exec-charset problems - take 2
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Eric Christopher wrote:
> Mark: If this is, again, not acceptable for 3.4 then I'll submit a patch
> to turn off the option on the branch as it isn't useful without it.
I don't see why the option isn't useful on the branch as is. Doesn't it
work OK for the common case where both charsets are ASCII-compatible (e.g.
UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, ...) and strings in the problematic places (asms,
attributes) are ASCII-only?
Joseph S. Myers