This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] patch suggestion: def_op vs vdef_ops
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Jose Renau <renau at cs dot uiuc dot edu>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:41:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] patch suggestion: def_op vs vdef_ops
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>, Jose
>On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Diego Novillo wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Jose Renau wrote:
>> proceed to put it in virtual operands everywhere. That's why we're not
>> detecting the dead store.
>> I'll work on a fix.
> This is a simple example, where DCE does not eliminate any statement (not
>even the last one)
>void function(int *a)
As of today, DSE kills this kind of sillyness :-)