This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Alternative patch for split_critical_edges problem
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dnovillo at redhat dot com, dberlin at dberlin dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:25:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Alternative patch for split_critical_edges problem
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20040213151606.GA29321@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Zdenek Dvorak wri
>this patch makes the time spent in split_critical_edges in 20001226-1.c
>to drop from 98 seconds to 7, i.e. it seems to be almost as effective as
>not updating the dominators at all.
>Regardless of whether the Daniel's patch will turn out to be beneficial,
>this patch should be considered also, since split_edges is also used
>on other places.
>OK if it passes bootstrap & regtesting?
> * cfghooks.c (split_edge): Speed up updating of dominators.
That got et_splay off the radar screen :-)