This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Remove -fwritable-strings.
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:49:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] Remove -fwritable-strings.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kazu Hirata <email@example.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch to remove -fwritable-strings as it is deprecated
> in 3.4. At the end of the patch you will also find another patch for
> a web page patch.
> Zack pointed me to:
> and I updated his patch for mainline.
> Bootstrapped on i686-pc-linux-gnu and built cc1 of each port affected.
> OK to apply?
Wait 24 hours to make sure no one thinks this is premature, then go
ahead and apply the code patch.
IIRC a more detailed example was solicited for the web pages and/or
the manual. I don't have time to write one - any volunteers?