This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA64 caller-save register patch
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:21:46 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: IA64 caller-save register patch
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > 2004-02-13 Steve Ellcey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * config/ia64/ia64.h (HARD_REGNO_CALLER_SAVE_MODE): New macro.
> Do you have a testcase that fails without this patch and succeeds with
> this patch? We need this, to avoid regressing again in the future.
> (Of course this is not needed if this patch fixes an existing testcase.)
Well, there is 177.mesa in the SPEC suite but that can't really be put
into the gcc test suite. I have found that it is difficult to get GCC
on IA64 to use floating point caller-save registers but now that I know
the exact problem I might be able to concoct a smaller test case. I'll
give it a try.