This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa]: PATCH: hookize profiling
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>,gcc-patches Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:31:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa]: PATCH: hookize profiling
- References: <20040212083724.GR29726@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
> > They can, but I don't think it would gain anything, and this is the way
> > it was before.
> > I moved ctr_labels down because they never need to be initialized at all
> > when tree-based counters are used.
> Hmm, when you do RTl profiling do you need the tree tables?
yes -- the trees there are used to emit the appropriate data structures
for profiling data.