This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Var-tracking breaks garbage collection
- From: Josef Zlomek <zlomj9am at artax dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:53:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Var-tracking breaks garbage collection
- References: <200402102104.WAA15162@faui1d.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
> var-tracking support has introduced a global tree variable that is
> not tracked by GC. The contents of frame_base_decl can be clobbered
> by the garbage collector, which causes a bootstrap failure on s390
> and s390x.
> Fixed by adding GTY markers.
I would consider this obvious.
> * tree.h (frame_base_decl): Add GTY marker.
> * var-tracking.c (frame_base_decl): Likewise.