This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: debug info breaks build (Was: Re: Variable tracking (location lists support) - part 2)
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- Cc: zlomj9am at artax dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz (Josef Zlomek),roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle),gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:19:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: debug info breaks build (Was: Re: Variable tracking (location lists support) - part 2)
- References: <200402091342.i19Dgij05412@linsvr1.uk.superh.com>
On Feb 9, 2004, at 8:42 AM, Joern Rennecke wrote:
The addition of location list support broke sh-elf and sh64-elf builds.
Presumably all targets with a non-empty USTER_LABEL_PREFIX and dwarf2
debugging information are affected.
The current form of this code is:
if (strcmp (curr->section, ".text") == 0)
/* dw2_asm_output_data will mask off any extra bits in the ~0.
dw2_asm_output_data (DWARF2_ADDR_SIZE, ~(unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT)
"Location list base address specifier fake
dw2_asm_output_offset (DWARF2_ADDR_SIZE, curr->section,
"Location list base address specifier
There should be no need for this hunk of code anymore.
Does deleting it help?