This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimizer patch
- From: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de, dje at watson dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:57:54 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Loop optimizer patch
> It makes sense to me -- but I'm concerned that it's introducing a new
> case of quadratic behavior in the compiler.
Well, there are already several other routines in loop.c that are
quadratic in the number of movables: ignore_some_movables,
None of these have any sort of loop bound; do you still think it
is necessary to introduce one for force_movables?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand