This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] reload.c and rtlanal.c latent bug fix
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>, Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:55:34 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] reload.c and rtlanal.c latent bug fix
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Now that we have gotten past the bootstrap breakage with obvious
> changes that didn't change the operation of the functions, upon futher
> analysis it appears that refers_to_regno_* should be indexing
> hard_regno_nregs with inner_regno, not regno.
> * reload.c (refers_to_regno_for_reload_p): Index hard_regno_nregs
> with inner_regno, not regno.
> * rtlanal.c (refers_to_regno_p): Same.
> Okay for mainline and 3.4 branch?
As you and Joern agree this is the correct fix, and it looks reasonable
OK for mainline. If it survives a few days without problems, OK for 3.4.