This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [c++ patch] avoid inlining twice
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:56:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: [c++ patch] avoid inlining twice
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20040205122954.GN21096@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
Jan Hubicka wrote:
What if !flag_unit_at_a_time?
I've sent this few times already, but this time I really need it.
Inlining is currently performced twice - once in optimize_function in
C++ frontend, later in cgraph_optimize_function in the backend. This
kills the first. It is needed for my cgraph code changes where inlining
must happent after original body has been saved.
Bootstrapped/regtested i686-pc-gnu-linux, OK?
(I'd actually like to see you get rid of that flag; it would be better
if we were just always unit-at-a-time.)