This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] fix tree-ssa/20030922-1.c
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:07:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] fix tree-ssa/20030922-1.c
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20040204113512.GA5554@redhat.com>, Richard Henderson writes:
>By eliminating the zero-extension, the switch expression matches
>the form of the if expression, which allows us to look up the
>value we expected.
>There's lots of other possibilities for this function, particularly
>wrt even the minimal VRP that dom already does.
Yup. The data we need is lying around -- it's more of a bookkeeping
issue with eliminating nodes from the SWITCH_EXPR which are outside the
range of the variable in SWITCH_COND.