This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize subregs of zero and sign extensions (take 2)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:39:00 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize subregs of zero and sign extensions (take 2)
> My apologies again for the breakage. I'll try to more careful in future.
> The following patch survived bootstrapping and regression testing on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, with no new failures, so I've committed to mainline
> as "obviously correct". I had other problems trying to build hppa64
> with the native HPUX compiler (patch to follow), and hppa bootstrap
> completed fine even without this patch. However the feedback from
> PR optimization/13821 seems to confirm that this resolves the issue.
Looks as if the problem is fixed on hppa64.
I have been working on an update to install.texi to better describe
building and installation under HP-UX 11. I would like to know about
the hppa64 problems that you have experienced.
There is a binary build for hppa64 on HP-UX 11.00 at:
This provides a possible alternative to bootstrapping with the HP
bundled or ANSI compiler.
I should recheck that 3.3.3 still builds with the HP K&R/bundled compiler.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)