This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Speedup count_or_remove_death_notes
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gp at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:58:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Speedup count_or_remove_death_notes
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0311251123000.8408@D209.suse.de>, Gerald Pfeifer writ
>On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 email@example.com wrote:
>> This is not strictly a bugfix, so I have not checked it into the mainline
>> sources. It has been checked into the tree-ssa branch.
>We also have bad performance regressions on mainline -- in fact, PR8361
>originally was created to track these...
>> Mark -- if you want me to check in this change, let me know.
>...so I do recommend this patch for mainline as well. It addresses a
>high priority PR and regression compared to previous releases.
Be aware that most (all?) of the benefit will be seen when ENABLE_CHECKING
is turned on as the problematic calls occur only when we've got checking
So I wouldn't expect significant improvements for release code since we
turn off checking when we make releases.