This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa][RFC] Remove unused files
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Sebastian Pop <s dot pop at laposte dot net>
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:37:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa][RFC] Remove unused files
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Diego Novillo
>These files aren't used for anything. In particular tree-dchain.[ch]
>should not be needed anymore. Do you have anything in mind for the
>I'd like to remove them just to keep things tidy. They will be in the
>I won't apply the patch unless there's consensus.
Just zap them. We can always recover via CVS. I've pondered doing it
myself more than once, but never actually bothered. The amount of dead
code we've accumulated is somewhat disturbing. Better to stop the trend
before it gets out of hand.