This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Re-use SSA_NAME expressions
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gp at suse dot de>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:44:42 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Re-use SSA_NAME expressions
- References: <200311192007.hAJK7uLp011271@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 email@example.com wrote:
> For a testcase like PR8361, we waste about 10M of memory in trivially
> reusable SSA_NAME nodes. In general, with this patch we're able to
> reduce the number of SSA_NAME nodes created by 20-25%.
Hah, progress on 8361 -- thanks a lot! :-)
> My components of cc1 test shows just under a 2% improvement in compile
> times, which helps show that these changes are useful for general code
> not just extreme cases like PR8361.
In C++-land the code from 8361 is quite general, or at least not too
extreme, so I believe improvements like this one really will help C++
on tree-ssa in general.