This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed^5 patches
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Josef Zlomek <zlomj9am at artax dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:42:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed^5 patches
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Once these two patches have been on mainline for a week or so without
> any problems, you can ask Gabriel about backporting them to the 3.3
> release branch.
Just to note that committing the same patch on two different branches not at
the same time may be confusing when you are debugging a problem present on
only one of the branches.
That said, I clearly see the rationale for your approach. So I think adding
"Backport from mainline" in the ChangeLog would be a good compromise.