This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: enable Ada test suite
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at ACT-Europe dot FR>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:25:39 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: enable Ada test suite
- References: <0A1E38F3-0973-11D8-8C07-003065BDF310@apple.com>
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Mike Stump wrote:
> gcc should swicth to 0 unexpected failure on one platform for releases
> as a release requirement, as an existence proof that it can be done.
> It doesn't entail too much work, as we can always mark tests that do
> fail as expected, if we can't get them fixed.
How about on all primary release platforms? If we actually have testers
for them sending testresults in the run-up to the release, it shouldn't be
hard to do. (Of course we should check that a test failure isn't a
regression, or the RM should postpone the corresponding PR to the next
release, before marking a failure as expected.)
Joseph S. Myers