This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] A replacement for COMPOUND_EXPR
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 24 Oct 2003 15:09:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] A replacement for COMPOUND_EXPR
- References: <1066846036.30044.1474.camel@p4><200310222255.h9MMt4LY028301@speedy.slc.redhat.com> <20031024184610.GF27121@redhat.com>
On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 14:46, Richard Henderson wrote:
> [ In private mail, Jeff re-discovered the tree-eh compilation time
> issues with unusual test cases such as eh/cleanup1.C. I replied
> that I thought that the only viable solution is a data structure
> change. ]
> I now have a first half-cut at this datastructure change. The
> gimplification part was ugly, but managable. The eh part was easy.
> The cfg part is monstrous.
> In the end I don't think the cfg part is going to be managable
> without lowering *all* the other container constructs first.
> Doing otherwise would just replace what we have with something
> equally baroque.
Presumably we'll have the lowering in shortly :-)