This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [m68k ICE] Fix HARD_REGNO_MODE_OK for FPU register usage
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Gunther Nikl <gni at gecko dot de>
- Cc: Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:53:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: [m68k ICE] Fix HARD_REGNO_MODE_OK for FPU register usage
- References: <20031022095134.GA53258@lorien.int.gecko.de>
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:51:34AM +0200, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> * config/m68k/m68k.h (HARD_REGNO_MODE_OK): Only permit FPU register
> usage if 68881 use is enabled; update comment.
This needs to be handled differently. What we do not have, at the
moment, is some way for the backend to tell the frontend of the
registers that don't exist due to command-line switches. That is
the void that must be filled to fix this bug properly.
I suggest a new target hook
bool (* register_extant) (unsigned int regno)
The default definition would return true.