This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add various VxWorks target configs (1/3)
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:39:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add various VxWorks target configs (1/3)
- References: <3F943808.email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
>> +#undef TARGET_VERSION
>> +#define TARGET_VERSION fprintf (stderr, " (80586, VxWorks syntax)");
> This is a really weird convention; there's no special "VxWorks syntax"
> for assembly files or anything. But, it does seem to be used throughout
> the i386/*.h files, so I guess that's OK.
TARGET_VERSION is entirely redundant with the TARGET_NAME #define
passed to toplev.c. IMHO it should be ripped out, and the places that
use TARGET_VERSION (collect2, mips-tdump, mips-tfile, protoize) should
use TARGET_NAME (which would have to be migrated to auto-host.h, but
that's fine, it would mean toplev.o wouldn't depend on the Makefile
Not that any of this should hold up the patch.