This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] [PATCH]: Loop invariant code motion for trees
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>,"gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>,Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:38:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] [PATCH]: Loop invariant code motion for trees
- References: <CED2964E-01E0-11D8-95F5-000A95AF1FAE@dberlin.org>
> >>The fact that we want to perform sinking also is not a good reason not
> >>to accept the code. It's not like it wasn't written in a way that
> >>sinking isn't allowed, it's just not performed.
> >IIRC, there were two things I had problems with: (1) the hack to work
> >around some cfgloop limitations,
> Which is necessary currently for *any* loop stuff.
> I believe Zdenek either has the same hack in the tree-ssa-cfg branch,
> or he made the code able to make forwarder blocks, but I can't remember
> which and i'm not up to looking it up ATM.
the later; on tree-ssa-cfg there is no problem with making trivial cfg
manipulation functions like this one.