This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap failure on K6
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:45:40 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap failure on K6
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> May I ask you to take a look at
> upon which this patch sort of depends?
Instruction attributes in the back-end are at the very limits
of my reviewing "comfort zone". I'm happy with the patch itself
(which obviously only affects k6 and fixes the bootstrap failure),
but the thing I can't comment on is whether the x86/k6 maintainers
would prefer the problem to be fixed another way, for example, by
using an attribute other than mode.
If Richard Henderson or Jan Hubicka indicate that this is the
appropriate way to go, the patch can go in. Alternatively, you can
apply the patch now, on condition that you promise to make the
necessary changes, should either RTH or Jan prefer an alternate
A reasonable compromise?