This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] VAX ELF PIC support [take 3]
- From: cgd at broadcom dot com
- To: matt at 3am-software dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Oct 2003 12:44:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] VAX ELF PIC support [take 3]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><mailpost.1066158699.24739@news-sj1-1>
At Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:11:39 +0000 (UTC), "Matt Thomas" wrote:
> Since this has yes to be integrated and more changes have
> been done to some of the files this support affects, I've
> regenerated the patch and am resubmitting it. Maybe if I
> submit it enough times, it'll finally get applied.
People are much more likely to examine, study in depth, and possibly
approve your patches if you:
* use proper ChangeLog format (see pointers on
* indicate how you've tested your changes, e.g., what targets, what
tests you've run, etc.;
* include pointers to previous versions you've posted, and include
text that summarizes the changes that you've made (both overall, and
relative to previous versions); and
* don't include snippy comments intended to provoke a response (since
one very easy response to provocation involves the 'd' key 8-).