This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to restrict handling for c++/6392
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:09:34 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH to restrict handling for c++/6392
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Jason Merrill wrote:
> * c-common.c (c_build_qualified_type): Look through arrays first.
> (c_apply_type_quals_to_decl): Look through arrays.
Please add a C testcase (c99-restrict-2.c). There are a couple of cases
of this bug to test, where the array is declared directly as an array of
restricted pointers and where a typedef means that the qualifier is
applied to the array type and gets passed through to the element type
instead (it is clear from C99 that both of these are valid).
This patch might or might not also fix bug 11942 which looks like the same
or a similar problem.
Joseph S. Myers