This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix mangling of COMPOUND_EXPR
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:25:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix mangling of COMPOUND_EXPR
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <378701c33aa7$84421aa0$114e2697@bagio>
Giovanni Bajo wrote:
currently, mangle.c is broken with respect to COMPOUND_EXPR. In fact,
COMPOUND_EXPR in templates are generated so that the first operand is a
TREE_LIST which holds the two expressions, while the second operand is a
null tree. This same bug is present in error.c, and it's been fixed by my
Have you investigated why COMPOUND_EXPRs are different inside templates?
It might be a hold over from the old parser which had issues with cast exprs
and abstract decls. It would be neater if you could fix it there.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
The voices in my head said this was stupid too
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk