This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Add sorry() when mangling CALL_EXPR
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:20:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Add sorry() when mangling CALL_EXPR
On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 04:22 PM, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
this patch adds a sorry() when write_expression meets a CALL_EXPR.
this is a defect in the C++ ABI, we currently have no way to mangle
correctly such an expression.
If we did this for everything that was inconsistent or missing from the
C++ language as g++ (and the standard) was being developed, users would
not like the product. :-(
I'd hope that we can pester the abi group (Mark? Jason?) and have them
invent something, put it up on their web site, and then we can just do
it. Now, while it is fresh in our minds, is a great time to do this.
Failing that, I think this might be reasonable to do, that way, we can
change (fix) the abi, and not change it.