This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix -fpic/-fPIC virtual thunks on s390 -m31
- From: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- To: jakub at redhat dot com
- Cc: weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de (Ulrich Weigand), renneckej at superh dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:00:05 +0200 (MET DST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix -fpic/-fPIC virtual thunks on s390 -m31
Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> /tmp/I.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/I.s:8: Error: relocation not applicable
Doh. I've checked the binutils and it appears that GOTENT
is only implemented as larl/brasl operand. This is not just
an assembler problem; allowing GOTENT in a .long would
require a new relocation type ... I'll talk to Martin
about that, but this doesn't help in the short term.
So, I can't think of anything better either. Please go
ahead and check in your patch. Thanks for looking into
B.t.w. if you have a test case showing the problem, it
would be great if you could check it into the testsuite ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand