This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] avr: Remove -mrtl.
- From: Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm at amelek dot gda dot pl>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, denisc at overta dot ru, marekm at linux dot org dot pl
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:04:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] avr: Remove -mrtl.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:54:45PM -0400, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Attached is a patch to remove -mrtl. AFAICT, -mrtl does the same
> thing as -dP, except that -mrtl uses C style comment instead of ';'
> and does not print the insn length. -mrtl is not documented, so I
> don't touch doc/*.texi.
Also, -msize does almost the same thing as -dp.
> Built cc1 and libgcc. OK to apply?
As far as I am concerned, OK. But, these options come from the
very early days of the AVR port (when GCC was still called EGCS,
and there was no -dP option yet), so I think Denis should decide.
> @@ -69,7 +68,6 @@
> /* Dump each assembler insn's rtl into the output file.
> This is for debugging the compiler itself. */
> -#define TARGET_RTL_DUMP (target_flags & MASK_RTL_DUMP)
While you are at it, remove the comment above the define too :)