This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Speed up constant propagation [patch]
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:10:19 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Speed up constant propagation [patch]
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 16 Jun 2003, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Gerald, this sped up CCP for PR8361 by a factor of 2.
Now, that's certainly a nice improvement!
> But PR8361 is uniformly nasty, the only things that are notorious are
> parsing and CSE time.
Yes, I hope one of the C++ folks will have a look in the not-too-far
future. Though, since tree-ssa is slower than mainline for PR8361, I
hope there is also something to further improve there?