This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] Revised locale caches
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Jerry Quinn <jlquinn at optonline dot net>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:29:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: [v3] Revised locale caches
- References: <E19SVpZ-0006By-00@localhost>
I like your comments! They are pretty funny, as good comments should be.
This looks very interesting. It looks like locale::id should just be
used in __locale_cache_base, huh?
I like that this avoids all the gross casting caused by the ios_base vs.
basic_ios split. Big fan of this approach.
Moving to per-facet cache instead of a monolithic one would be
interesting, and would be the way to go I think. However, the
initialization issues would be more complex.
use_cache will have to be __use_cache.
I almost have timers for the performance testsuite, and when I'm done
with that I'll take a closer look at this, hopefully with memory and