This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Adjust export list for 64-bit systems
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:01:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Adjust export list for 64-bit systems
- References: <20030615231944.GA6977@twiddle.net>
>In 3.3, we used a wider glob pattern that matched all of this.
>In 3.4, the chosen globbing only matches 32-bit systems.
>Since we only have globbing, not full regexps, I think this is
>the best we can do.
Thanks for fixing this up.
>What's the correct procedure for updating the abi files? They
>seem to be well out of date for alpha...
The check-abi rule only really makes sense for a release branch with a
baseline abi. Mainline has explicitly broken the 3.2.0 ABI, and not
finalized on a new one, so check-abi on mainline is really for
educational purposes only (ie, to see what changed.)