This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove another redundant extern from rs6000/sysv4.h
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: aj at suse dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 02:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Remove another redundant extern from rs6000/sysv4.h
- References: <20030616053541.GE22890@daikokuya.co.uk> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > I might try writing a script that finds externs in config/ that are
> > also outside config/, because they're a PITA.
> That would be great IMO - and then let's check also for multiple
> declarations in .h and .c files everywhere...
Try compiling GCC with -Wredundant-decls. At one point (Apr 2001) I
went through and zapped a bunch of low-hanging fruit. We've probably
accumulated more cruft since then.
Another good one might be -Wshadow.
Kaveh R. Ghazi email@example.com