This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Start moving toplev options to opts.c
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:45:48 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: Start moving toplev options to opts.c
- References: <20030613224720.GB25237@daikokuya.co.uk>
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Neil Booth wrote:
> * configure, configure.in: Add lang_opt_files.
The front end build interface is documented. You must document the
lang.opt files in sourcebuild.texi.
> * opts.h (CL_F77, CL_JAVA, CL_ADA, CL_COMMON, CL_TREELANG): New.
Objection: do not hardcode references to particular languages in common
code; generate a file with the necessary defines for the languages that
are present in the tree. Apart from the places to change for a new front
end being documented and this patch not adjusting that documentation,
you'll observe that none of the present places to change actually need to
be changed for a front end to build and work; the only code change listed,
default_compilers, is simply for more meaningful errors if that front end
*isn't* built for a particular install.
Joseph S. Myers