This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Alias Analysis Improvement Patch
- From: <tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net>
- To: "Vladimir N. Makarov" <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>,"Sanjiv Kumar Gupta, Noida" <sanjivg at noida dot hcltech dot com>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:01:43 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Alias Analysis Improvement Patch
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Vladimir N. Makarov wrote:
> In average gcc with the patch is worse especially for twolf. I think I
> should search for the reason of degradation in counteraction of scheduler
> and alias analysis.
I suspect it's similar to the SH problem.
On the SH arch, when we naively enable the first scheduling pass, it
creates worse code because it lengthens register lifetimes and creates
more register spills.
On the IA64 it could be a similar problem where the first instruction
scheduling pass has fairly limited