This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ppc64 floating point usage [was Re: PPC64 Compiler bug !!]
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: linas at austin dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:09:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: ppc64 floating point usage [was Re: PPC64 Compiler bug !!]
>>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:
Jakub> I guess best would be if GCC could dynamically switch the reg alloc orders
Jakub> based on whether FPRs will be used anyway or whether current function is
Jakub> pure integer code.
Yes. The difficulty is determining whether a function is pure
integer code. Even more, one does not want to simply change the alloc
order but mark FPRs as fixed for pure integer code, which is what