This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] alias.c: Replace "return NULL_RTX" with "return 0".
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:44:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] alias.c: Replace "return NULL_RTX" with "return 0".
On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 14:13 US/Eastern, Kazu Hirata wrote:
Attached is a patch to replace "return NULL_RTX" with "return 0".
In the past, there were some arguments to prefer 0 to NULL_RTX, such
One of the problems that were pointed out was that arguments to
variadic functions need to be typed, but return values should have no
problem because they are always typed.
I could do a massive automated replace, but I chose to manually check
the actual return type just in case and go through files one by one.
Bootstrapped on i686-pc-linux-gnu. OK to apply?
If I had a say, I would say no because return NULL_RTX is more clearer
than return 0 and what it returns and why
and also recently there was a problem with using 0 lately see
on where the problem was (in fact using NULL did not always worked