This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: avoid warnings on array[CHAR_CONSTANT]
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Jonathan Lennox <lennox at cs dot columbia dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Eddie Kohler <kohler at icir dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:19:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: avoid warnings on array[CHAR_CONSTANT]
On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 12:52 PM, Jonathan Lennox wrote:
Eddie Kohler writes:
The following patch avoids the "array subscript has type `char'"
C++ when the subscript is a character constant with value between 0
127. This supports the following common usage pattern:
Shouldn't this be based on the target's SCHAR_MAX, instead? GCC
platforms with 9-bit bytes.
Hum... Which one?