This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Simple Value Range Propagation
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Josef Zlomek <zlomj9am at artax dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:50:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Simple Value Range Propagation
- References: <20030608202033.GD28080@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Josef Zlomek wrote:
> It takes 2% of compile time and adds 0.5 % overall performance on
Say that 35 times, and you'll end up with a compiler that is twice as
And, in fact, GCC 3.3 _is_ already about twice as slow as GCC 2.95 for
my application (without overall improvement in code quality, though,
unlike your patch).