This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SF->unsigned DI compile time converstions
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:02:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: SF->unsigned DI compile time converstions
- References: <BB5454BE-913F-11D7-8138-003065A77310@apple.com>
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 12:08:14PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> SF->unsigned DI compile time conversions do no match the same
> conversions done at runtime. :-( In particular, values larger or
> smaller than what can be represented do not saturate, as they do during
> runtime. While this is outside the scope of the language standard,
> coming up with wildly bad numbers isn't useful.
We've been around this hobby horse before. How does your
patch differ from the efforts in this area in the past?