This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc64-linux bi-arch support
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:08:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc64-linux bi-arch support
>>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:
Jakub> But then either linux.h would need to define RS6000_CALL_GLUE the same way,
Jakub> or -mcall-aixdesc should be disallowed for powerpc-*-linux* and
Jakub> powerpc64-*-linux* targets.
Jakub> If linux.h inherits the cror definition from sysv.h and linux64.h defines
Jakub> it to nop unconditionally, then suddenly --target powerpc-ibm-linux and
Jakub> --target powerpc64-ibm-linux --with-cpu=default32 behave differently,
Jakub> which is IMHO not desirable. The only difference between those two should
Jakub> be that the latter supports -m64 while the former does not.
I cannot see how -mcall-aixdesc makes sense for powerpc*-*-linux*