This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Fix bootstrap failures [patch]
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 02 Jun 2003 15:09:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Fix bootstrap failures [patch]
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 14:45, Diego Novillo wrote:
> This makes some rudimentary use of the loop discovery code in
> cfgloop.c. When we are in a fully pruned SSA form, some loops may not
> have PHI terms at the header block. This caused the SSA rename pass
> optimizers to cause two different versions of the same variable to be
> alive at the same time. We can't allow that for the time being.
I forgot to add an important note. The function var_is_live will be
removed as soon as Andrew finishes the overlapping live range support in
the SSA->normal pass.
The *only* reason for this patch was to bring the branch to a
bootstrappable state until that work is finished. Since the change is
highly localized and straightforward, it will be easy to remove.