This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: maintainer-scripts/gcc_release and problems with diffgeneration
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:40:18 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: maintainer-scripts/gcc_release and problems with diffgeneration
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com><01f901c32525$a3f0f0c0$d470a8c0@minax>
On Wed, 28 May 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Sounds great to me. Thanks!
>> Clearly, we should warn in case of such problems, so I committed the
>> following change to mainline and will also commit to the 3.3-branch
>> after the next snapshot exercising this code-path has been generated
>> flawlessly (unless Mark strongly prefers otherwise).
Well, bad news and good news: Bad news is, the release script on
gcc.gnu.org (with my uncommitted tweaks for snapshots) didn't completely
work due to stupidity on my part...
>> 2003-05-27 Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * gcc_release (build_diffs): Add diagnostics in case we cannot
>> generate a specific diff file.
...good news is, the patch above _did_ detect and nicely diagnose the
problem, so I now moved this check to the 3.3-branch as well (though,
of course, I hope it'll never trigger there).
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/