This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to deconstify structure members in c-format.c
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 10:29:27 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: Patch to deconstify structure members in c-format.c
- References: <200305310022.UAA07116@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Fri, 30 May 2003, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> The redundancy is currently harmless, but if we want to also allocate
> dynamic struct copies and assign their values, such as in extended
> format checking, then the members should be mutable. This is
> necessary both in my incremental checking patch as well as in any
> final extensible version, so I split it out.
I did point this out when you added those consts
This patch is OK.
Joseph S. Myers