This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Removing redundant loads
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:04:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Removing redundant loads
- References: <200305310034.h4V0YjDq020694@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Fri, 30 May 2003 18:34:45 -0600, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> In message <email@example.com>, Jason Merrill writes:
> >> For example, if you pass it this tree for both operands, you'll get a
> >> false back from operand_b because this expression has tree_side_effects
> >> set.
> >Why does that expression have TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS set?
> Because we unconditionally set TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS on STMT_EXPRs. That
> gets propagated up to the COMPONENT_REFs.
The gimplifier should have cleared that flag while processing the
COMPONENT_REF. I'll check it out.